Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Auto-entry for jump coords
05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Auto-entry for jump coords
I have written a program that will store jump coords in a database and then will, upon command, paste those coords into the chat window of FL. Depending on the setting in the program it will paste just the coordinates or prepend /setcoords in front of the coordinates The coords are stored for 29 days. On the 30th day they will be deleted from the database as the Mark II and Mark III survey modules claim coords are valid for 30 days. It will also let you export for backup and import for restoring the database. There is also a report function that will save the database in a file ready for printing.

This is not a mod and will not cause anyone to get kicked or banned. It is simply a program that pastes text into the active application. It can be started before or after freelancer is running. It doesn't hook into freelancer in anyway. You can even have it paste into notepad, Word, OpenOffice, etc.

I've tested it on a test server and there is no mention anywhere in the logs about a process called Jumpbase.exe (which is the name of the program). It exactly mimics a keyboard macro.

If Paulus approves, and only if he approves, I'll post the link for it.

Beth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Auto-entry for jump coords
Greetings Beth,

I think your program will be very useful to a number of people on this server who do not have G-15 type keyboards. This issue has been raised number of times before and I am sure many people will be grateful to you for it.

Paulus will probably comment on it later but I am sure he will see it same as I and will not have an issue with it. However, you might want to modify your program a bit because the coords from the MK 3 survey module on this server should last for about 365 days. This removes the head aches that people would have if they had to do surveys every 30 days or so.

Thanks for your offer; I am sure it will become a very useful tool on this server.

Anubis
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
365? Wow! I see nothing in the jump.cfg file that would allow something like that. Unless it's the coordsaccuracy entry. But I thought that determined how far you emerged from the survey point.

Beth
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
You might be correct about that, we have not had an opportunity to test it yet. Paulus would know better but that was our goal.

So time will tell.

Anubis
05-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Oooo that's cool Beth! I reckon many folks would be able to use your program indeed; feel free to post your link and details etc.. Smile

Ahh yeah I realised my error with the jump coords.... I thought the coord accuracy was the day limit..... once I changed the values I realised jumping to locations became a lot more accurate..... hahaha lol

As far as I can see from Cannon's notes; the coords will last about 35 days.... and so far it seems that value is hard coded into the plugin....

[Image: PaulusGuardianSig.png]
06-10-2012, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 05:10 PM by Beth.Rickson.)
Ok. Here it is then.

Jumpbase 2.21

Just download it, unzip it and run it. No muss, no fuss, no installation.

It does require the 4.0 .net framework which most computers should have. Framework no longer required. Also, by default, the program purges entries that are 365 days old. This can be changed to any number between 7 and 365 on the preferences menu. Also, by default the program pastes coordinates only. You can change this so it prepends /setcoords to the coodinates by pressing F5. Just be sure the freelancer chat input is open when you tell it to paste. It will wait 5 seconds and then paste the coordinates into the chat input. If the chat input is open. If it's not, it won't do anything.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Edit: Updated link. Program no longer requires the Net Framework 4 and the column width of the coordinates field has been widened to take into account the new, longer format.
New verison will paste by double clicking the item to paste. Right click and then Paste was a bit too cumbersome, I feel. v2.0 also has has an automatic entry mode. In this mode, coordinates will be entered and charging will begin automatically. Press F7 while in input coordinates mode to toggle the automatic entry feature on and off.

Program now highlights only entries that are 365 days, or whatever expiration period you have set, or older. It does not purge them.
Bug fixed that was causing the program to purge old entries when loading a new database while the program was running. The new version is 2.21, but internally the version is still 2.2 so you don't have to export your database and import it if updating from 2.2 to 2.21

Beth
08-10-2012, 07:21 AM
And here's the bad news. On all 3 computers (3 different anti-virus' as well) I get yelled at about the zip file being malicious software. So thanks but no thanks Smile

[Image: 2wdvhoh.jpg]
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Ooooo I just downloaded JumpBase it checks out fine with Microsoft's Security Essentials...

Will test later, got to install .NETFramework 4... lol

[Image: PaulusGuardianSig.png]
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 04:06 PM by Thraag.)
Downloaded program and 4.net and it works just fine. just had to copy and paste jump coords (from word doc) and base/system etc into blank spaces, followed the advice and had chat window open (and in space) and clicked on paste in the program on the destination i wanted and a few seconds later coords entered (in chat box) with no hassle whatsoever. will save countless retries when typing and watching tv......... Great job.thanks again

and 2nd edit
Symantec Internet security 2012 has no problems with it at all on both computers
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I gave it a rip, I use keyboard myself but this will be great for players that don't have a fancy k/b.

Works great.

Thanks Beth - Thumbs up.