Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server Hosting Move Status
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 07:03 AM by Paulus.)
Exclamation Server Hosting Move Status
Greetings friends,

Just making this thread so I can keep everyone updated on the current situation regarding changing hosts for the FL Server. I will post further updates here as we start moving the server over.

I was hoping to do the server move today and signed up with the new provider; not long after they gave me a call saying they are getting a new node installed tomorrow as they have currently run out of disk space, so I decided I would wait as we'll be on a new node Smile

If all goes well we will move the server over tomorrow afternoon sometime; will depend when the new host gets our new server online. If it is late in the afternoon and near peak time, we'll wait till Thursday Smile

First impressions of the new host; so far very happy Smile support is fast and I can get full control of the VDS server (boot, reboot, starting etc...) unlike our current host where the only control I have is over RDP.
Thanks Extronic for your recommendation mate, these guys look like they'll look after us at a good price Smile

[Image: PaulusGuardianSig.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Server Hosting Move Status
An update on the Server moving;

A new host has been found and is ready to go, so we'll probably move the server over in the next couple of days. I will do this during the day when the server is quieter.
We will notify those in-game at the time and will post the new address details once the move is complete.

Hopefully DiscoveryGC used the DNS name for the server when they added it to their global list. If so it shouldn't take too long after the move for the DNS records to update, but we will find out! Big Grin

11-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks Paulus mate!
11-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Master Prime Paulus we thank-you honoured Sir.

May only the juciest Vibes find their way into your semi-legal possession.

Ho-Huh Paulio. :-)

[Image: atomicsdisplaycopy13fin.jpg]
12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Haha thanks friends Smile Tongue

The new server has been setup and is running smooth. This new server is also a VDS/VPS but is running on Hyper-V. Seems to be going good so far Big Grin

We'll look at changing servers over sometime in the next few days. I will perform the changeover perhaps sometime today or tomorrow. I'll wait till I got a couple hours spare just in case things don't work out I will have time. I will notify current players in game and also post here Smile

I would encourage everyone if they would like to prepare themselves for the move to add this in your Freelancer Shorcut Properties in the target area: -s111.67.21.151:2302
Adding the above IP will mean you will be able to see the new server once it goes live if the main discovery server list is slower to update Smile

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -dx -s111.67.21.151:2302
^^This is just an example showing those who are unsure the format of the target path. Yours will most likely be different to mine.

Thanks for your patience friends Smile we'll also boost the player slots up to 60 to give us a bit extra capacity for the peak times Smile

12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
You never fail to impress mate.
I have my fingers crossed for sometime later today for this Uproot and Reboot of Freelancer.

Let us all hold our heads in vigil aswe say one last prayer. Ummmmm.... :-)

[Image: atomicsdisplaycopy13fin.jpg]
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Server move is currently underway....

12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
The Server has been moved over successfully!

New IP: -s111.67.21.151:2302

You will need to add this to your Freelancer shortcut so you can see the server. Seems the global address list runs off IP's... Will work on getting the server listed again...

12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
In case you are not sure what to do till it joins the list is..

Right click your Discovery shortcut and go to Properties.
In the target at the very end of the line add -s111.67.21.151:2302

Click Apply, OK. Close it and run it.

Paulus Aussie Portal should now appear on your list page!
13-10-2012, 08:47 PM
thnks Faemon Kool !!! tip...
Thread Closed