Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Makes no sense to me
24-01-2014, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 10:21 PM by Thraag.)
Makes no sense to me
For those player like myself who want to get ships from ALL the NPC clans please note.
We are used to the fact that the more exotic ships have been made more difficult to get but I have found that for some strange (to me) reason the Nomad and Wild reps have now been separated so if you want the one and only Wild ship you must be prepared to rep for 145 hours and kill an average of 2500+ Npcs.
The advantage used to be that with a Nomad (restart) you could get a Nomad or Wild ship as the Wild are after all NOT a separate faction, they are Humans controlled by Nomads, If you click on Wild in the Wiki it will show a Wild logo = Origin Nomads. But we don't have restarts. which is supposed to make players stay interested and stay on the server (?)
But as one of the very few people still on EVERY day I still dont see the logic.

Well thats my three-penny worth, if you want to comment please also state how many hours you have been on since the 4.87 started, Smile
Here is my progress so far copied from my excel sheet

Attached File(s)
.docx  levels so far.docx (Size: 11.41 KB / Downloads: 9)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: Makes no sense to me
Previous exotic-rep factions which required a Guard reputation trade-in have been made neutral by 4.87 (since the initial Beta release 1.0) and can be accessed without said reputation requirements, which prompted a change in order to maintain a decent cost to the VIP trade-in system. Reapers and Coalition now have -bribes- and -missions- available, so there's no point in calling them exotic any longer. An adaptation was required so as to not make the VIP access too easy.

Because the Nomads and Wild both share alien equipment (if not ships), I'd say the decision was appropriate at the time and is still valid. But the Administration team can confirm this as they wish.

(24-01-2014 10:12 PM)Thraag Wrote:  please also state how many hours you have been on

Pass, I don't keep track when I play on multiple servers at once, let alone of that sort of information I'm afraid.

[Image: Ufla%20sig.png]
25-01-2014, 06:43 PM
An interesting point Thraag I don't play too much here anymore but I have noticed the change with the exotic reps, I've also noticed on other servers the introduction of the AI faction and they've either A: made it a restart option, or B: Made a special way to get AI rep. Not to sure if the AI faction has been added to the Paulus VIP system as of yet?

What I would do personally is allow both options of gaining exotic rep. Say for example you do the nomad restart which gives you max rep with nomads and wild, but you also wanted Phantom, AI, or HFL on that same character I would allow that (if I where the admin) just so both options are there but hey that's just me Cool .

How ever one exotic rep that's worth looking into more is the HFL. In the past I repped for HFL but I noticed the moment I started doing missions for the Liberty Navy my rep with the HFL decreased even though I was avoiding missions against Xeno's who are allied with the HFL.

So on a new character I conducted an experiment, first I went straight to Vespucci and as predicted I was hostile. I then went to Kepler and managed to get a double Xeno's bribe which is what quite a few people do if they want quicker friendlier rep with the HFL, how ever this only makes you neutral with the HFL, and from what I've been told there's no other way to get friendlier with the HFL except for repping how ever I learned that by doing missions for Xeno's against either Liberty Police, Liberty Navy, and/or LSF your rep with the HFL slowly increase's. In fact I learned that you don't even have to do missions for the Xeno's against Liberty, you can do missions for any faction that offers missions against Liberty Police, Navy, and/or LSF or you just simply attack Liberty and you rep with the HFL slowly improves, it takes a while but I managed to get full green rep with the HFL by just shooting Liberty Navy, I don't know whether it's just me or if it can be done for everyone but I've always questioned why is the HFL on the exotics listings I personally would have taken it off the exotics listings because all you need in order to fly through Vespucci unharmed is a Xeno's bribe?

Anyway it's worth looking into, because if you can freely alter your rep with HFL then maybe it shouldn't be on the Exotics Listings?

Regards, Gabriel.

PS: If you've noticed the same thing with the HFL please let me know?

No One Can Stop Death!
25-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I used the same type of method for my HL Battleship, I did missions in Tau23 which got me most npc faction reps (non exotic) including Xeno then I did missions for the Xenos till I got Hellfire full green, still had fun trying to find the fort but got it in the end,
I don't bother with exotic reps unless they have good ships, its the ships I want after all Smile
I will probably restrict myself to 4 or 5 Scorpions Sad
25-01-2014, 11:12 PM
True it does depend on the ship's they offer. I've always liked the HFL ship's a lot wish they had there own Cruiser and more snubs. I have heard people complain about the HFL ships at times I just tell them that you have to know how to use them and equip them properly.

For Starters the Prosecutor VHF is a very nice snub to fly having very similar states to the Vanilla classic the Sabre. How ever I've notice something different about the Prosecutor in 4.87 it feels to me that it got a pretty big Maneuverability increase? A good load out for the Prosecutor can be x2 Nomad Hybrid Blasters (class 8), x3 Nomad Energy Blasters (class 9), x1 cannonball Missile (class 10), and a x1 Tizona Del Cid Turret (class 9). Instead of the Nomad Hybrid Blasters you could always have x2 Rheinland Horn-vipers MkII (class 8) or x2 Gallic Musketoons (class 8). All three weapons have similar states mainly that they all have a refire rate of 5.88, the NHB's and Horn-Vipers have the same range at about 700 m/s while the Musketoons have a range of roughly 650 m/s but despite this the Musketoons are slightly more energy efficient. The Horn-Vipers do the most damage at roughly 400 hull damage and 200 shield damage a shot but use the most energy of the three at 100 energy per shot. I personally would take the NHB's but because you need Nomad and/or wild rep to acquire them, so the Horn-Vipers and Musketoons are a good alternative. How ever the HFL own snub wep's are a good choice as well you have the hard hitting Judgement Plasma Cannon and the fast firing Retribution Laser Blaster, Retribution turrets are known as a Executioner and similar states to the Horn-Viper.

I'm not always the biggest fan of Gunboats but the HFL Inquisitor is a solid choice. Good fire power, thick armor, and it's handling isn't half bad either Wink . And I can't complain when it comes to HFL Gunboat weapons Either.

I have always liked the HFL Arbiter Dreadnaught some people complain that it only has 17 turrets but I say that this makes it more energy efficient and I've managed to bring down Rheinland BS's, Valor's, Redemption's, Kusari BS's, and even the occasional Juggernaut. Wep's wise you can't go wrong with HFL BS weapons, although I personally proffer Rheinland BS weapons the most Cool .

How ever I have heard people bad mouth the HFL ship's because of the way they look? But I just tell them that I don't pick ships for looks alone it's how they perform in battle is what counts Wink .

No One Can Stop Death!
25-05-2019, 12:33 AM
Just go get order rep as they a good friends of mine.