Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
RAVE TEAMSPEAK
12-09-2012, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 06:33 PM by Anubis.)
RAVE TEAMSPEAK
The RAVE Teamspeak is available for use to Paulus Aussie Players.

Address is: ts3.extronic-gamehosting.net:9988
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: RAVE TEAMSPEAK
Thank you indeed Faemon mate!
Making available the RAVE Teamspeak is greatly appreciated Smile

[Image: PaulusGuardianSig.png]
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Greetings,

I currently host the RAVE Teamspeak server (amongst other things).

I'll keep you guys up to date with any planned outages when I update the server. I keep a close eye on it so if it goes down there is a good chance I already know about it.

There may be small outages that are not planned, these don't happen often and usually only last for 5 minutes or less. The RAVE Teamspeak capacity is 40 users, however this can be modified right up to 462 users.

If the server gets too full, I can always put up a separate one for you guys, but see how it goes, I don't expect it'll be that full at all times.

For anyone else interested I also host:

1. Another Teamspeak server
2. UT2004 game server
3. Killing Floor game server
4. Mumble server (similar to Teamspeak)

and before you ask.....Yes I would of hosted a Freelancer server, but the server I have is running on Linux (Debian), and Linux does not support Freelancer in any way, shape or form.

The server is in Australia (Melbourne) on a 20Mbit uplink, 6GB RAM (8GB Burstable), 600GB bandwidth, 4 CPU cores and 100GB space. I'm using about 12% of resources, so it has plenty of capacity left.

I will put up a website at some point, but that will be......Umm when I find time which is never, so yeah. I will at some stage since Teamspeak rules have changed for what I need.

Any questions just ask.

[Image: Extronic_sig.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Ah I should have been more specific yes.

Extronic graciously hosts this service.
It has become the home of Archy also, so as long as it is there, we are on, it is available.

Thanks Ex. for the always prompt updates and good to see some old names again. Smile
13-09-2012, 06:14 PM
a killing floor server? cool

[Image: signitureinprogress.png]
16-09-2012, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 11:22 AM by Extronic.)
Now that the planned outage is over, I went in and updated some stuff.

I have dramatically tightened security on the server. If you have issues with file transfers on Teamspeak let me know, I may of left something out...So far I haven't seen any issues. I only tightened security because I was advised by friends I should of, and I have been wanting to do it, just didn't quite know where to start, so I finally sat down, did 6 hours of reading and improved it all.

I now have MySQL, PHP and Apache installed running a website...Yes I made good use of my time while my girlfriend is not here (haha), it's running a CMS so I don't need to spend hours forming a website, just get a template, fill out content and all done.

All other servers seem to work fine (Killing Floor, UT2004 and Mumble).

I did try and get a secure certificate for Mumble, however it proved unsuccessful after the sites the guides listed were all offline (old guide). But that's fine, the certificate is self signed by the server, Mumble will just complain it doesn't recognise it when first joining.

I also set up a domain email, same email I'm using on this forum which forwards to another email and then sends the email to my phone.

19-11-2012, 01:48 PM
IMPORTANT - PLANNED OUTAGE

Start Date: 24-Nov-2012 21:00PM
ETA: 25-Nov-2012 08:00AM

During this outage window, all services on the Enterprise network will be shutdown while we re-locate our equipment from the Global Switch data centre to the new Equinix Syd #3 data centre. During this move, our core infrastructure will be shutdown and moved as a priority to bring our connection back up.

Once all of the equipment has been moved to the Equinix data centre, our services will start to resume back to normal.

19-11-2012, 02:20 PM
(19-11-2012 01:48 PM)Extronic Wrote:  IMPORTANT - PLANNED OUTAGE

Start Date: 24-Nov-2012 21:00PM
ETA: 25-Nov-2012 08:00AM

During this outage window, all services on the Enterprise network will be shutdown while we re-locate our equipment from the Global Switch data centre to the new Equinix Syd #3 data centre. During this move, our core infrastructure will be shutdown and moved as a priority to bring our connection back up.

Once all of the equipment has been moved to the Equinix data centre, our services will start to resume back to normal.

Thanks for the heads up mate!

A Champion Team will always beat a Team of Champions
[Image: Faemons_sig_rave-Copy_zpsdd9105f9.jpg]
A sci-fi Gaming Community
01-12-2012, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 12:26 AM by Extronic.)
We have moved server again.

All seemed to go fine, no major problems, if anyone is unable to connect type ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt and try again. You shouldn't notice any difference except the game servers, mumble and website is down, game servers will not be coming back up, website will when I get time and mumble will too.

Hopefully now we will have less outages, the other host was good at the start but lately just terrible connection, so this should be more stable, these guys pride themselves on support so.....In theory it should be fine. Any issues let me know.

01-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Very cool Extronic! Much appreciated!

A Champion Team will always beat a Team of Champions
[Image: Faemons_sig_rave-Copy_zpsdd9105f9.jpg]
A sci-fi Gaming Community